Monday, May 09, 2011

Fresh Cut Mother's Day {aka: 2 posts in 1}

I had my family over for a Mother's Day brunch yesterday, and these fresh cut flowers served as the centerpieces...




Set up on the patio...
{Side note: scored those aqua stackable vinyl chairs at an estate sale last summer for $4 each!}





We had the same simple quiche I made for Wreathfest 2010. One of them was filled with asparagus, prosciutto, mushrooms, basil, and a blend of fontina/mozzarella/parm. The other had bacon, red + yellow peppers, mushrooms, green onion, and swiss. They got a little brown on top, but they were still delish.



We also had mixed berries, and banana muffins. For the muffins, I used this recipe, but added walnuts and chocolate chips.





We had mimosas, too. Because it just isn't brunch without them!


My sister Mallorie, and my lovely momma.


The guys - The Mr., my brother Mike, and my dad.



My mom and her three kiddos. We're lucky to have her as our mother. She's done so much for all of us, and she's a great friend. Pretty darn funny, too. Which is one of the best qualities a person can have, in my book. Love you, Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment