Thursday, May 05, 2011

Girls' Night Out + Lilacs for ME!

Last Saturday, my friends and I had a little girls' night out. Not the "go to dinner, have some wine, be home in bed by 11" kind of girls' night out. We had an all out "let's pretend we're still 23, act obnoxious on the dance floor, close the bar down, cab it home, end the night at 3 a.m. with Totinos pizzas" girls' night out. Back in our prime, we had nights like those pretty often. Boy were they fun. And this one was no exception. I will say one thing though, what comes out of our mouths sure has changed over the last few years.

Then...
"Oh my gosh. What's that guy's name over there? Didn't we see him at Big Daddy's last weekend? He's soooo hot." ~ "We should totally have 'after bars' tonight!" ~ "We should totally hit Jack 'n the Box drive-thru on the way home tonight!!!"

Now...
"So what did you decide to plant in your garden this year? Asparagus?!? I am SO jealous!" ~ "OK, so here's my basic pesto recipe..." ~ "Gosh, those flashing strobe lights are hurting my eyes. And why is it so dark in here?"

Times have changed. But we still know how to have a good time. Dare I say, "We still freakin' have it!" (borrowed from one of my friends and slightly altered ;)

Anyway, what does any of that have to do with lilacs? Well...as I strolled into the house the next morning, I was hit with the most amazing smell.



The Mr. was at my parents' house for a little golf outing Saturday afternoon, and my mom sent some of their lilacs home with him. I can't think of anything better to come home to. Other than maybe a big hangover-killing breakfast. Maybe next time. When we're ready for a next time.

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh, i laughed out loud! too funny about the then and now conversations!

    ReplyDelete