Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Note to self: life is good.


I know I usually keep it very light here, with posts dedicated to all things domestic. But something has been on my mind a lot lately, and seeing how this blog is really like a journal of sorts for me, I figure it's a good place to put my thoughts into words. Like writing a little note to myself. And if it speaks to anyone, that's a bonus. I'm not going to get too specific. I don't think I need to be. I'm pretty sure a lot of people will be able to relate to what I have to share, no matter where they are in life. So, here goes...

Have you ever wanted something so badly you think you might just explode if you don't get it? I've thought I felt that way about a lot of things. But recently I've come to realize what it truly means to want something with every fiber of your being. And I'm not talking about a million dollar home I found on realtor.com, or a perfectly designed room in one of those beautiful glossy magazines. I'm talking about something that really matters. Something you want and would do anything to get, but it just isn't up to you. It can consume your every thought, affect every decision. It's a real test of faith. And patience.

One minute you have all the faith in the world and can so clearly picture the day when you will finally have it. You know how wonderful it will be and how much joy it will bring you. Most of the time, that is enough to keep you chugging along. But then there are the times of doubt, the bouts of impatience and frustration, the feeling of being completely helpless. Those times are tough. I know they make you stronger, and I know they help you grow, and I know they ultimately make the prize even sweeter. But that doesn't make them any more fun.

Thankfully, for me, the hopeful moments outweigh the discouraged ones. But the whole cycle is exhausting. An "emotional rollercoaster", if you will. Hoping, doubting, not knowing...repeat. It's easy to feel sorry for yourself. But then you think about all of the things that are right in your life and all of the blessings you've been given. And you realize life is good. Regardless of whether you get that "thing" you so badly want, life is good. And God has a plan for you. It may not make sense now, but one day it will. So that's the message I have for you today. And that's what I will continue to believe. Enjoy what you have while you have it, friends. The rest will fall into place. Note to self.

No comments:

Post a Comment