Thursday, August 19, 2010

Splash of Chevron in My Entry

I have another thrift store transformation to share. I picked up this little dresser/buffet at Goodwill a few months ago. Keeping true to my form, I let it sit in the garage for weeks, upon weeks, upon weeks. Maybe if it weren't for that pesky full-time job, I'd have more time to make a dent in all of these projects.
Here is the so-so before, with hardware removed. The top had quite a few scratches and stains.
After sanding and priming, I gave the whole thing a few coats of white paint. Then, to add a little graphic interest, I used painters' tape to create a chevron pattern on the top and painted a medium gray between the taped lines. I finshed it off with some sanding for a worn and well-loved look. I also put a coat of poly on the top to protect the paint.

For now, I'm using the original pulls and hinges, but I swapped out the knobs for some simple crystal square knobs I had on hand. I may switch up the hardware if I find something I like better. I think this works for now though. Cost of this one - $35 for the dresser, $10 for supplies.

Onto the next one, which just happens to be a little side table for my first "client". Both of which are pretty darned cute.

1 comment:

  1. Visiting from Fresh Coat Fridays.

    Loving the unexpected pattern on the top of your dresser and also loving the white and grey combo!!

    :)
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete