Friday, July 01, 2011

Pizzeria dough - at home.

Did you know most pizza places will sell you balls of their dough to take home? I'd heard that before, but I never looked into it. Last weekend I decided I would. Our very favorite pizza place is Dewey's. We're regulars. They have good beer on tap, and the best pizza, in our humble opinions. So I was in the area and dropped in to see if they sold their dough. Much to my excitement, they said they did. I bought two, for just a couple bucks each. I used one for dinner that night, and froze the other.


Above is our recreation of what we typically order at Dewey's.

House salad - dried cranberries, red onion, goat cheese, pine nuts, and balsamic vinaigrette. Pizza - pepperoni and onion with red sauce + prosciutto, pesto, and pine nuts with an olive oil base. On real Dewey's crust. In our own dining room. It was amazing. So tuck this little idea in your back pocket for the next time you want really good pizza at home. You can thank me later.

No comments:

Post a Comment