Monday, September 06, 2010

Party Food - Take 2

You know how you sometimes have leftover dips and dishes from hosting a party, and eating them again the next day, in the same way, just doesn't sound so great? Well, if you get a little creative, you can find some new tasty ways to use up some of those leftovers.

We had our parents over to watch the Mizzou/Illinois game on Saturday. Granted, watching a college football game with your parents may not constitute a "party", but it does call for some yummy apps. So I made a party favorite, spinach artichoke dip, and served it with tortilla chips. We had some left over, and I decided to break it out for breakfast the next day. But I left the chips in the pantry this time around.


By adding a few dollops of the left over spinach artichoke dip, I took this regular omelet from "nothing to write home about", to "a party in your mouth" ;) It made for a pretty tasty breakfast for the Mr. and me.



Ahh...I love putting leftovers to good use. So much more satisfying than dumping them into the trash - don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment